Monday, May 21, 2012

Forfeited Vouchers and Broken Hearts

*Sigh* I’m so sad. I purchased Valentines cake vouchers from Blueberry and Company last February for 50% off but never got to claiming it because I failed to see the teeny-weeny information that you could only claim it on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights at Il Mercanti. Otherwise, if you want to get it in the morning, you have to go to Ayala Town Center which is way beyond reasonable distance from our location. Night times are extremely hectic for an occupied mom like me, plus, the way to Metro Walk from 6pm onwards has usually heavy traffic so scheduling the pick-up was quite tricky. I had it at the back of my mind though, that the voucher is valid until May only.

But when I checked my account with Ensogo just a while ago, the voucher says claiming is until May 18 only!!! I wanted to scream and to cry like a baby. That was just last Friday! I did try to ask for consideration though but as expected, to no avail. To add insult to the injury, the woman I was talking to on the phone seemed careless and heartless as if it doesn’t really matter. Okay fine, I didn’t get consideration, I was late for just 3 days. But her nonchalant (I think she was even happy, grrrrrr…) tone was like a slap on my face… *deep sigh*

Well, people say when you lose, don’t lose the lesson. My lessons are to check and double check details before jumping into something and have contingency plans at hand when it’s needed and to write down deadlines in BOLD letters, UNDERSCORED and POSTED on places where I’m sure to see it EVERYDAY! Haay, I am so depressed. I wanted that heart cake so much back then. I didn’t expect to get a broken heart instead.

Anyway, it only costed me Php158, plus the cakes are probably just tiny and taste awful. Just sour-graping if it could help me get over my forfeited vouchers. *deep sigh*

10 comments:

  1. I had my own share of similar experiences too. But as they say, when something is taken away, you are just given a room to be filled with another blessing. Cheer up! I'm sure there's more to come for you Jen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Diane! :) I've gotten over it now. One lesson I forgot to add was "procrastination." That was mainly my fault.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy what you guys tend to be uр tοo.
    Thіs sort оf cleveг work аnd exρosurе!
    Keep uρ the amazing workѕ guyѕ I've you guys to our blogroll.
    Feel free to surf my web blog :: cracker barrel coupons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thanks for the comment. Gotta visit your web after this. Access to internet is a bit hard these days since we are still settling down. :)

      Delete
  4. I've been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough
    for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did,
    the internet will be much more useful than ever before.
    my web page - nfl jerseys wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to to thank you for this great read!! I absolutely enjoyed
    every little bit of it. I've got you saved as a favorite to look at new stuff you post…
    Also see my web site: nfl jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I simply say what a relief to find someone who truly knows what they're talking about on the web. You actually realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people must read this and understand this side of your story. I can't believe you are not
    more popular because you most certainly have
    the gift.
    Here is my web-site - Cheap nfl jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon everyday.
    It will always be interesting to read through articles from other writers and practice a little something from
    other sites.
    Here is my web page ; wholesale jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using? I'm looking to start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a tough time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something
    unique. P.S My apologies for getting off-topic but
    I had to ask!
    My webpage コーチ バッグ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I used to blog in wordpress (I still keep it but barely update it) before but I prefer blogspot now because it's easier to modify the posts' layout and the page to your personal preference here. I hope this insight helps you decide. Btw, nice webpage. I can't view it's english version though. Anyway, thanks for the visit. I don't mind your asking at all:-)

      Delete

Pre-loved Books: Sweet Valley Twins # 2 Teacher's Pet

Synopsis: Playing favorites... Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield are the best dancers in their ballet class. Both girls want to dance the...