Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pending Books

Last Friday after office, I finally can't get over the temptation and visited the newly opened store "Books For Less" at Pioneer Centre. My officemate and I often walked through PC but it was just 2 days ago when I noticed the bookstore. I was excited when I saw the shelves of books but I had to stop myself from going to the store, first because I was with someone, and second because I know it would take me quite a time to browse through as that has always been the case when I'm inside a bookstore. Last Friday, I just found myself walking towards it, instead of the exit door of the PC, saying to myself over and over like a mantra, "For 15 minutes only."

I went over to the YA section and immediately found a John Newbery Medal Book called Missing May (1993 winner of the Newbery Award). It was just for Php50. Not bad I thought, although the last Newbery books I purchased at Booksale was for Php10 and Php15 only. When I'm done reading the book, it's plus 1 to my sister's bookshelf which mostly store classics and Newbery books (oh, and Mary Higgins Clark).



Just as promised, I was out of the store in 15 minutes, with another good book piled pending to be read. After "Please Look After Mother," I still have 3 books to devour. :)

 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Jenn for adopting my books.. Please write about them ha :D It was the right decision to give them to you. Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, the cute notes made me even happier. :) I'll let the books be the way I received them, it's more special that way. And yes, I'll definitely write about them one of these days.

      Delete
  2. Its so nice to know you are a book lover. I am sure you will enjoy reading that Paulo Coelho book. One quote on the same -

    “Sometimes, we are so attached to our way of life that we turn down wonderful opportunities simply because don't know what to do with it.”
    ― Paulo Coelho, Like the Flowing River

    Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete

Camilla by Madeleine L’Engle

Synopsis: Fifteen-year-old Camilla Dickinson has led a sheltered life with her architect fat her and stunningly beautiful mo ther. B...