Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sunday Sound Trip: White Flag by Dido

Yesterday, I was struck with nostalgia over the songs that I used to love (and realized that I still love them up to now) so I went on a sound trip marathon at YouTube. Most of the songs that I like are from my past and as such, get barely played on the radio now. So I decided to make a post about a song I like every week. Not only do I get to share the songs that once had meaning in my life, but also to save these accounts in my memoir. ;)

My very first sound trip post, which was the very first song I searched on YouTube yesterday, is White Flag by Dido. Some people might have just gotten out from an unsuccessful relationship and I understand how much it hurts especially if you had been left hanging. All I can say is, be strong especially at these times when our emotions overcome our rational thinking and we tend to make clumsy decisions to the point of degrading ourselves so pointlessly. At an early stage, it's difficult to say whether the relationship could be really over. Consequently, it's as tough to decided whether to fight to stay or fight to walk away. In any case, let's not be hopeless with love. Love is a beautiful thing and it does not belong to one person alone. In time, it will be given and while we're waiting let there be no white flag above our doors. Never surrender in love. :)

And now, I give you White Flag. Enjoy listening!


4 comments:

  1. Perfect mellow music in a lazy Sunday afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think this could be considered as a beautiful Sunday post? ;)

      Delete
  2. You only get to hear this song and the likes on Sundays when radios play their 'back tracks'. Back tracks. *sniffs* Where have the days gone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha.. I was wondering the same thing Addie...

      Delete

Pre-loved Books: Sweet Valley Twins # 2 Teacher's Pet

Synopsis: Playing favorites... Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield are the best dancers in their ballet class. Both girls want to dance the...