Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday Sound Trip # 7: I'll Remember by Madonna



I was in high school when I first loved this song. My classmate, Terrie, who had a cassette tape of Madonna lent me the music, so thanks to my friend for the generosity not only for the joy but for the profound lessons I have derived from the art. Listening to the music now brings a great deal of nostalgic feelings. It brings back to the time when I was so much younger, fresher and so eager to be an achiever.

One great movie which I'm reminded of when hearing this song is "With Honors" (1994). I have learned from this movie that success in life is besides school, work, and all the other dreams we want to achieve. The greatest graduation we should prepare ourselves with is life so that we may graduate it "with honors and without regret." 

And that is achieved when we see that humanity is not measured on the wealth or prestige we had on earth, but on lives we have touched and influenced through our random acts of kindness...

And now I give you, one of my favorite songs... I'll Remember.


Say goodbye to not knowing when
The truth in my whole life began  
Say goodbye to not knowing how to cry
You taught me that

And I'll remember the strength that you gave me  
Now that I'm standing on my own
I'll remember the way that you saved me
I'll remember

Inside, I was a child
That could not mend a broken wing
Outside, I looked for a way
To teach my heart to sing

And I'll remember the love that you gave me  
Now that I'm standing on my own  
I'll remember the way that you changed me
I'll remember

I learned to let go
Of the illusion that we can possess  
I learned to let go
I travel in stillness

And I'll remember happiness
I'll remember  
I'll remember
I'll remember

And I'll remember the love that you gave me
Now that I'm standing on my own
I'll remember the way that you changed me
I'll remember

No, I've never been afraid to cry
Now I finally have a reason why
I'll remember

(Lyrics)

8 comments:

  1. Ay nako. Seems like we have the same taste in music. Eto naman I used to sing a lot after breaking up with the recent bf. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe... sometimes I like to think that songs from before are more creative... :)

      Delete
  2. And oh, because of this naging crush ko si Brendan Fraser. Hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwapo nga sya dun at sobrang lalim ng boses grabe. And I like his partner. If I'm not mistaken she's the same actress in the Cutting Edge. Another great movie check it out if you haven't yet ;)

      Delete
  3. I love this song too. I discovered it from the same movie naman. Naalala ko, d ako sanay na makitang seryoso si Brendan Fraser dahil sa roles niya sa George of the Jungle :D

    Napakanta tuloy ako haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We watched this movie in the high AVR right? Kaya memorable sya eh.

      Haha, pinaalala mo yang George of the Jungle. Oo nga parang hindi iisang actor.

      Sing if you must Diane. Glad you enjoyed! hehe

      Delete
  4. I also like this song, but I'm afraid I haven't watched that movie yet. Talaga si Brendan Fraser ang andun? Hmmm...makahanap nga ng copy. :-)

    Sis, btw, I included you here --> Liebster Blog Award

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a 1994 movie. It has lessons and nakakaiyak sya hehe.

      Thanks for including me in the award! :) I can't wait to find time and make a post about it. :)

      Delete

Camilla by Madeleine L’Engle

Synopsis: Fifteen-year-old Camilla Dickinson has led a sheltered life with her architect fat her and stunningly beautiful mo ther. B...