Thursday, November 8, 2012

To “B” or not to “B”

To “B” or not to “B” that is the question. But first let me show you something...



Well, that’s a shame now isn’t it? I bought this wallet before I left my home country, it’s only been a month and now it’s damaged… I really want to say F! as in Fine! That’s what I get for buying cheap ones hehe. Actually, the gold buckle at the end of the strap that’s supposed to close it just got loose, but it’s still very much useful. It seems like a disaster though especially since I don’t have my craft materials here to do the trick. A tiny dot of glue stick could fix the whole thing really but I left all my materials at “home.”

I’m not sure if this is a sign or a test. But quite coincidentally, I saw this Guess shop inside Westpoint – Blacktown having sale on their bags and ladies’ wallets. Of course I’d been dying to own one of those chic but cute wallets but I kind of didn’t NEED one… until now maybe?

So the question is to “BUY” or not to “BUY.” For 2 days I’ve been going back to the same store and although I’ve probably familiarized myself with every style they have, I seem to be in deep thought as to what to choose. But in fact, what I was thinking deeply about was if I should buy one. I’ve found a really cute one, it’s black (it’s not the cutest but it would do coz it’s the cheapest hehe) for $14.99 and for less than 25% that would be $11.25!!! Not bad even if converted into peso so I was really tempted to buy it. Afterwards I got away feeling kind of saintly for having that much discipline to say “no.”

Well, at least I don’t feel the need to buy one yet. Probably when I’m earning my own income I’d consider it a necessity but for now I could do with this little damage in my wallet. With lots of more important expenses to save the money for, for fare, first and foremost, and mobile charge next ‘cause it’s starting to diminish, replacing wallets are just not on my list of priority at the moment. So I ended up with the decision not to “buy.”

And what do you know? I made the right decision! I carefully inspected the little gold buckle and discovered that it has two tiny screws on each end so that if I press the screws down really hard, they would make a tight grip on the strap and the buckle won’t come off! So now it’s fixed. I’m glad I didn’t purchase the cute wallet even if it was the cheapest otherwise my conscience would have been the one damaged now hehe just kidding… I’m glad I made the right choice. It pays to be frugal after all… oh, forget I said “that’s what I get for buying cheap ones.” ;)

9 comments:

  1. If I were in your shoes, the story could have ended in a different way. Hahaha Your self control and discipline is superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm telling you it's NOT easy... It's like dying inside to not have it haha. ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha, the truth is, I don't desperately need one yet... you know like.. it can wait :D

      Delete
  3. Uy Coach isn't cheap.. hehee. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you made me laugh AC. You know how it is in our country, don't let me spill the beans about the "coach" hehehe...

      Delete
    2. Ahhh.. Assistant Coach? Or Playing Coach? Hihi. :D

      Delete
  4. Har! What do I know about shopping? You are happy with your decision, that's what's important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. Glad you made the right choice! Because if I were you, I would have gone buying it. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Camilla by Madeleine L’Engle

Synopsis: Fifteen-year-old Camilla Dickinson has led a sheltered life with her architect fat her and stunningly beautiful mo ther. B...