Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Yummy Butterscotch for Dummies! :D

When I was a lot younger, my aunt used to bake butterscotch when she visits us in the Philippines. It was the best I tell you! My mom copied her recipe and used to make it back when we still bake. That was a really long time ago so imagine how happy I am when my aunt made butterscotch last weekend! It was so nostalgic like homecoming, except that I am not really "home" anymore or rather, I am in my new home and still denying it because... well, I'll be having my family with sooner though (this shall be another post) and thank God. I am so happy amidst my desperate situation :D

So let me share you the butterscotch process although not the "secret ingredient" if there's one hehe.

First, you take 4 cups of flour. Mix in 250gms/ea of pitted dates and prunes (sliced into small pieces) and chopped walnuts (depends on how much you like to put in).

Then in a separate mixing bowl, melt 500gms of butter, mix in 1kg (yep that's 1 KILOGRAM) of raw sugar and 8 pieces of egg.

Then use a mixer to blend the ingredients together. It should turn out smooth like this:

Afterwards, mix in the flour with dates and prunes and walnuts. It should look like this:

Then place the mixture in baking pans. Cover the entire surface with foil.

Uh-oh... I knew I was going to forget something important. I failed to take note of the temperature and for how long! Anyway, I'll just update this post when I get this info. For now bake them in the oven is the next procedure.

Finally, you could enjoy yummy dessert after meals, when watching TV or when you feel like relaxing. It's perfect with a cup of coffee! Enjoy!
 

8 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks easy to do. :) I'm starving already. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is... Chopping the walnuts, dates and prunes is probably the most difficult part but the rest is a breeze. Just make sure the check while baking inside the oven. At one point, my aunt had to exchange the tray at the top with the bottom so they bake evenly.

      Delete
  2. This is a wonderful recipe, especially to give to friends! Wishing you a happy holiday season,


    d a n i e l l e | daniellewu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Indeed especially if it turns out as good as how my tita bakes. She makes great butterscotch and fast too!

      Delete
  3. Looks yummy.. Reminds me that I should bake again SOON, :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ergh! How I wish I had baking skills right about now...

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can start by baking this. It's really easy =)

      Delete

Camilla by Madeleine L’Engle

Synopsis: Fifteen-year-old Camilla Dickinson has led a sheltered life with her architect fat her and stunningly beautiful mo ther. B...