Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday Sound Trip # 14: Why do all good things come to an end by Nelly Furtado

Last time I was doing the grocery at Woolworths for bread and stuff, I heard this song again and I was like taken by a time machine to the past. It was around 2005 or 2006 when I loved this song and felt connection to its meaning. Last time was the first time I heard the song again after so many years, as a matter of fact, I’ve forgotten the title or any of the lyrics.

It was like seeing again the person you really love whom you had let go in the past. That is how I compare the feeling at least. I can’t just let it go. I strained hard to pick up the words, just a few words so I could later do a research on its title that I walked along the isles trying to follow where the music was coming from. And when I found the source, I stayed there and absorbed the words as much as I could. Only when the song was over that I resumed with the groceries hehe. Back at home, I did the research and saved an mp3 in my phone.

And now, just like before, I sing the song and know its lyrics by heart… only, its meaning has lost its connection. While all good things come to an end, so does pain and hurt and all the bad things that come with it. Everything comes to an end…

2 comments:

  1. Talagang pareho tayo ng playlist! Hahah. One of my faves is Nelly Furtado, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Haha... We should have a karaoke session. ;)

      Delete

Pre-loved Books: Sweet Valley Twins # 2 Teacher's Pet

Synopsis: Playing favorites... Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield are the best dancers in their ballet class. Both girls want to dance the...