Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Our Anniversary 2014

We celebrated our anniversary last night as simple as it could be: have my favourite food for dinner which is pizza and give gifts to each other. That’s it... But it seems as if we were both thinking about the same thing... and that is pampering, haha. Well, for me, I definitely think my husband needs to look after himself too because he’s so busy taking care of us he forgot to look after himself too. He is THAT selfless...

So I got him a Men’s Facial Scrub and Body Exhilarater from Body Shop. I knew he would be happy about it. As for me? I was even happier to find this when I got home: Tokyo Love soap!

Just a brief background, I have learned about this product from one of my friends in church who has an online business of selling quality items from baby stuff, skin care, clothes, just about EVERYTHING! I have ordered the Tokyo Love soap from her originally but, sad to say, shipping cost from US to Australia was more than 50% of the cost of the product itself! If I were rich, this wouldn’t have been a problem: just order some other stuff from her shop and take advantage of the postage. In fact, she’s got very good products but as I have said, I have limited resources. Okay fine, I admit it, I am very frugal. I have ordered the soap only after thinking 100x and deciding that it’s more than just luxury haha... Well, anyway, I was really sad that I had to cancel it because of that ridiculous shipping cost (it would have to be considering we’re from opposite ends of the world).

So I was really happy when I could have the soap after all! :) If in any case one who reads this is sooo curious as to why I want this soap, let’s chat privately hehehe.

We’ve never been into this pampering stuff even before. Once, we tried getting a very cheap Thai massage and I ended up feeling bruised and battered. Likewise, we’re not really used to using beauty products so hopefully this would be a good experience for both of us. Hopefully, I would be writing a good review about this soap in the future too...

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm.. Now I'm curious abt that love soap. Do they sell in Tokyo as well aside from US? If so, I'm getting some. But first, tell me what's with that soap. Hahaha :) Happy Anniversary! More anniv celebrations for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will be writing a review soon hehehe.

      Delete
  2. Naalala ko yung "cheap Thai massage" hahaha Happy Anniversary and wishing you all the best! I miss seeing photos of your entire family na.

    PS Did your BFF deactivate her FB account? Or baka she deleted me na? I remembered both of you one night and decided to check your FB pages.. Waley na si L sa friends ko :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I still struggle to get back in my blogging momentum hehe. Messaged you privately about the FB matter 😉

      Delete

Camilla by Madeleine L’Engle

Synopsis: Fifteen-year-old Camilla Dickinson has led a sheltered life with her architect fat her and stunningly beautiful mo ther. B...