Thursday, June 12, 2014

Go Bananas!

Two Sundays ago, we finally had the chance to visit this nice entertainment site for kids: Go Bananas! A few days into my new job last March, my friend, G, and I started browsing the website for future plans out of boredom because we didn't have our systems yet. G showed me this place which she think would be a good place to visit for the kids. I looked at the website and it was this big area with jumping castles, huge slides, nice and roomy with tables where the parents could sit and chat while looking after the kids. I knew the kids would love to go there. After a while, I forgot about the plans because I have short and long term memory loss haha. I was just reminded about it when one day, Demi came home with a voucher for family of 2 adults and 2 kids for guess what? Go Bananas! What a coincidence. It was just a matter of grabbing the free time which was 2 Sundays ago. It was a delightful place! It's very close to where we live as well but we have to ride 2 buses. We went there a little after 11 in the morning and the minute the kids stepped in, they were unstoppable. There's just a few rules though: must wear socks and no bringing in of foods. There was a menu on every tables and when I looked at it, I was like, uh, no thanks, we're fine. :) So my husband and I stationed at a corner where we could have a good overview of the entire place. Not that we needed to. The place was designed with enormous safety for the kids. They have a separate area for the babies and toddlers too. Demi enjoyed climbing the big play equipment and going down the slides. Daisy however preferred the jumping castles and anything that doesn't involve heights. After a couple of hours, the kids were starting to get drained so I decided they could have a bit of snacks even though I find their food exorbitant. Good thing though, we've got a voucher for a cup of coffee plus the babycinnos were not that expensive so we got 2 of that for them, a cup of coffee for me (husband prefers a certain coffee) and some chips and calamari. Soon as they have eaten, they were back to the play area in no time perked up and energized. Overall, I rate the place as 4 out of 5 stars. It could get a kid going on for practically a whole day which means time for parents to get in touch with each other just sitting around and chatting. I would add 1 more star but I found one part missing in comparison to the play rooms we used to go to in the Philippines. They didn't have toys like kitchen miniatures, legos, balls or plush toys. It was all rugged hard core playing climbing and physical activities which I think is alright but a diversion would be fine too especially when the kids start to get tired. There must be a reason behind that though I am not sure. What matters most is that the kids definitely enjoyed Going Bananas. Finally by 4pm, it was time to Go Home! :) and would we like to Go Back? Definitely, God willing. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn! I'm Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog that I was hoping you could answer! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete

Pre-loved Books: Sweet Valley Twins # 2 Teacher's Pet

Synopsis: Playing favorites... Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield are the best dancers in their ballet class. Both girls want to dance the...