Sunday, July 10, 2016

Slumber Party

The children are sleeping over at their friends' house tonight. It's a milestone for them who have always been sheltered all their lives. I have always regarded them as babies and it's kind of sad to realise that they're actually big girls now...

When I was their age, I have never experienced the slumber party which I had often encountered from reading Sweet Valley Kids pocketbooks. I had always been excited to read about the twins' adventures and I am happy that the kids are actually going to experience it now. They were the same age as the twins in the story but of course, I know their adventures would not be as daring as in the books... I hope.

Excited!!!



Goofing around already!
 
 

Excited kids!

Now I have to admit I am a little bit worried for Daisy. She's younger by 2 years and she's still very childish or should I say babyish. I am a bit worried we might get a call in the middle of the night to pick up Daisy as she's been crying non-stop. I remember sleeping over at my cousins' house when I was about 5 or 6. I just enjoyed playing with them that when it was time to go home, I and my cousins begged for me to stay and sleep with them. My mistake. Halfway through the night, my cousins and I in deep sleep, when suddenly, one's head was on top of my stomach and the other's feet was right beside my face. To a 5 year old perhaps this was already major trouble wherein I could have just pushed them away and they'd be still asleep as a log. Anyway, I went crying non-stop until my uncle and auntie had to wake up and drive me back to my parents' house. I can't remember if my cousins ever budged from their sleep. Perhaps NO? hehehe

Oh well, lucky there's mobile phones and internet 24/7. I had just spoken with my older daughter and she has advised they were happy. I'll be updating you all tomorrow!

Goodnight...


PS: We picked up the girls the next day afternoon... as it turned out, time went by so quickly for them and as expected, they didn't want to separate.

2 comments:

  1. It's a milestone. It will be ok. Sometimes its the parents who have a harder time than the kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Tin haha... she didn't cry. The next day, when we called to pick them up, the kids were complaining coz the party wasn't over yet for them hehehe.

      Delete

Pre-loved Books: Sweet Valley Twins # 2 Teacher's Pet

Synopsis: Playing favorites... Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield are the best dancers in their ballet class. Both girls want to dance the...