Sunday, July 24, 2016

Weekend Fun

This weekend's adventure had been exceptionally adventure-packed, exhausting and fun!

Friday, as usual, I left the office around 3pm or 3 past and started the weekend happiness early with my husband and kids. We met at Penrith Westfield shopping centre and had a bite to eat for early dinner. Good thing, by the time I got to the shopping centre, most of the food stalls were about to close and had the goodies on clearance. :)



When I got there, the kids already had tuna sushi so while husband and I were eating, they kept themselves busy in the playarea at the far end corner of the food court on level 2. Afterwards, hubby removed the car because the 3-hour parking session was almost finishing up.

While waiting for daddy, the kids and I indulged with a scoop of Baskin Robbins ice cream. They have been there before and knew exactly which flavour to pick - Cookies n Cream for Demi and Rockin' Cotton Candy for Daisy. I, on the other hand, tried to choose as carefully as I can. There's just so many flavours, I didn't wanna end up with something mediocre to my taste buds - which happened to me quite a lot. So I ended up with Jamoca Almond Fudge. It was sooooo good, I'd say it was the best ice cream flavour I have ever chosen in my entire life.

From left to right: Cookies n Cream / Jamoca Almond Fudge / Rockin Cotton Candy
Saturday, our usual church services, but today, we have finally met baby A, the newest KNC! We have so many babies in the church now and Daisy's going bonkers over them. I just discovered that like her dad, she's madly in love with babies (even more so with baby girls). Now she wants to have her own baby sister! Oh dear!


Sunday, what I thought would be a laid back day, turned out the busiest weekend I have ever had! Original plans pictured a late breakfast, run to Kmart to get the scrapbook, choir practice at 3pm (while the kids play at the park with dad), then visit Sis A's house for the paraphernalia she's lending for our upcoming Melbourne trip, and then early dinner, early to bed and sleep.

After breakfast though, Sis M invited us over to their house for a Korean BBQ lunch. The kids were particularly excited to play with her daughters, and sis K and her daughters were there too. So off we went.

A couple of hours later, we were so stuffed. We wanted to stay a bit and talk but we had to go to sis A's house next. I knew I'd be late for choir practice but at least, after I got the things from sis A's house, I'd be free the rest of the afternoon. When we got there, sis A had prepared us a coffee and tiramisu and I knew that choir practice would be out of the question by then hehehe. Nobody says no to her coffee because they're so good and it's really fun chatting with them. Their daughter was happy too while they play inside the house. By the time we left it was almost 5pm.

We were on our way to choir practice pushing my luck but I knew it would have been over so I called sis D to ask if they're still on. Before we even reached St Marys though, the practice has ended. I knew sis E (aka Ms Minchin) would kill me! hehehe.

Instead of going home though, we went to Sis C's house where all the other brethren would meet for dinner of grilled meat and seafood soup. We got an invite the day before but because we we're planning on a laid back lazy Sunday, we thought we might not go. The kids were very hyped though, and going over would mean meeting Sis C's daughters and playing again... for the nth time that day.

We didn't eat proper dinner because our tummies we're literally bloated with food but we couldn't resist trying out the grilled goodies so we nibbled here and there. It was 9pm when we finally disbanded.You could imagine how sore I was nevertheless, I was very satisfied with the how the weekend turned out. I missed some of my "things-to-do" but when it's your children's happiness in question, I'd say I will choose theirs first.

Finally, here are some of the photos with our church family...

Getting stuffed for winter hibernation hehehehe.

Good-looking people in church hehehehe...
~ Proverbs 17:17 ~ 
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pre-loved Books: Sweet Valley Twins # 2 Teacher's Pet

Synopsis: Playing favorites... Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield are the best dancers in their ballet class. Both girls want to dance the...